Friday, June 12

Just landed in Tokyo. The flight over was long, but comfortable. I pretty much had a whole row of seats to myself. The other guy sitting there kept getting up and changing seats. He didn't mind that I took his window seat that made sleeping easier. I also got to watch the approach and landing. Earlier in the flight I snapped some cool pictures over a very frozen Hudson Bay.



The temperature at our cruising altitude was around -70F, which is crazy cold. The final descent was fun. Got to see a lot of coast line, and very organized looking crop fields. There was also a surprising number of golf courses, some even neighboring each other. The coolest thing was this giant, ostensibly religious statue. I didn't get a picture fast enough, because the plane was turning, but it was at least 5 stories tall.



Going through security was kind of funny. I am used to a really strict system, so I started taking off my shoes, then I realized no one else was. They didn't even care that I accidentally took my keys through the metal detector. The flight to Seoul leaves in 2 hours. I think I'll try to do some reading.