Friday, June 19

On Friday I visited the Seoul Arts Center. Unfortunately, I got off at the wrong subway stop and took forever to find my bearings on foot. I ended up walking several miles before I found it.

arts center rooftop

The Arts Center consists of several music and visual art exhibition halls. I was able to walk around the modern art exhibits, but missed the calligraphy museum due to closing time. The art museum was really cool. I got in for free because they were having a special event. There were a lot of people setting up artwork, so I think I may have accidentally snuck in when I wasn't supposed to. Outside the exhibit a jazz trip was playing. I watched them for a few minutes and then made my way back to Beomgye.

artwork

That night I had dinner with Chris, Laura, their friends from work, and a new teacher at their school who had just gotten into town. We went to a bar and then noraebang, which turned out to be a wild night. I had a lot of fun, but drank way too much!

some Chinese noodles we had for lunch

me in a park after lunch